Pay home warranty insurance

Go online to myQBCC, your new digital service centre, and register for a free account if you don't already have one. You can then conveniently purchase insurance policies, from any device, from any location.

Alternatively, you can phone 139 333 to make a payment.

How do I pay?

We accept credit cards (Mastercard or Visa) or you can use direct debit. You can set this up by sending in the Direct Debit form, but you’ll need to wait at least 1 business day before you call us to make payment.

To send in your premium by mail, complete an Insurance Notification Form (PDF)

You can also visit one of our offices, but you’ll need to show photo ID.

How much do I pay?

1 July 2020

1 August 2019 - 30 June 2020

1 July 2018 - 31 July 2019

Premium tables prior to 1 July 2018

Note: The insurance premium is not to be included in the insurable value.

If you’re unsure what to pay, call us on 139 333.

Information we need

  • the owner’s details and current contact information including an email address (if they have one)
  • lot, plan type and number
  • site address
  • value of contract
  • contract signing date
  • description of work.

If you don’t have the right lot and plan number, try the Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning's Online Mapping site. You can also contact the local authority, or ask the owner to look at their rates notice.

Paying Insurance on single dwellings

If you’re building or renovating a single detached dwelling, the premium is based on the insurable value of the work.

The term 'insurable value' is the amount which represents the reasonable cost of having the work carried out by a licensed contractor on the basis that all materials are to be supplied by the contractor - whether or not the work is carried out on this basis.

If you have a contract to construct or renovate more than one single detached dwelling, the premium is based on the insurable value for the work for each dwelling.

Paying insurance on multiple dwellings and duplexes

If you're doing work on multiple dwellings and duplexes, the method used to calculate the premium will depend on the insurable value of the work and what kind of work you're doing. 

In general, if you’re building or renovating multiple dwellings up to 3 storeys, calculate the premium by dividing the total insurable value of the work by the number of units affected. This is called 'notional pricing'. For more information on how to apply notional pricing, see page 2 of the Insurance Notification Form (PDF).

Notional pricing does not apply if you are:

  • performing work on the roof of a multiple dwelling where insurable value is less than $5,000, or
  • performing work on the common area (other than footings) of multiple dwellings where the insurable value is less than $20,000, or
  • performing work on the common area which is not in or on the multiple dwellings, or
  • constructing or performing work on a related roofed building (e.g. a shed) or a swimming pool which is not in or on the multiple dwelling.

Further, work carried out for a body corporate on common property on a multiple dwelling or duplex that will not attract notional pricing includes:

  • painting
  • solid plastering
  • rendering
  • fire protection work
  • physical termite management work

Notional pricing does not apply to this work, regardless of the value of the work.

The same situation would apply where an individual unit owner of a multiple dwelling engages a contractor to perform work in their unit. If the insurable value of the work is over $3,300, then the insurance premium is based on the value of that work.

Commercial construction

Insurance is not payable on work involving a residential/commercial mix. 

Contracts signed prior to 28 October 2016

Please contact if you have any questions regarding premiums payable or notional pricing prior to 28 October 2016