Education & Engagement
Education and engagement - industry events
Welcome to the industry events page. Check back often as we continue to roll out additional events throughout the year.
Our live events are a fantastic way to get the latest news about changes in our industry. It's an opportunity to listen to the industry experts, ask those important questions and mix with your colleagues.
New events coming soon!
If you can’t make it to one of our live events or if it’s sold out, a live webinar is the next best thing. It gives you a opportunity to get the latest information and ask questions of speakers. Connect from the comfort of your home or workplace, via computer or mobile device.
New live webinars coming soon!
New Plumbing Laws
View the webinar below to see QBCC's Grant Wilkinson and Reghan Greer discuss the new plumbing laws which came into effect on 1 July 2019.
- What are the new, simplified categories of notifiable work and when to use them
- How to use the new tools available (including how you can now check occupational licences online)
- What the new, tougher penalties are for unlicensed contracting.
- Plumbing and Drainage Act changes Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Plumbing and Drainage webinar PowerPoint presentation (PDF)
Previous Tradie Tours
- Tradie Tour - Hot Issues in the building and construction industry
- Tradie Tour - Waterproofing
- Tradie Tour - Termites
- Tradie Tour - Painting
- Tradie Tour - Building from the ground up
Invite us to your workplace
Want something specific? Invite us on-site to discuss topics particular to your workplace. Where circumstances permit, we can visit your workplace to share information and answer questions about QBCC products and services. If we are unable to visit your workplace, let us work with you on an alternative solution to meet your needs.
Register your interest or contact our team with feedback or suggestions.