Education & Engagement
Education and engagement - industry events
Welcome to the industry events page. Check back often as we continue to roll out additional events throughout the year.
Our live events are a fantastic way to get the latest news about changes in our industry. It's a chance to listen to the industry experts, ask those important questions and mix with your colleagues.
New events coming soon.
If you can’t make it to one of our live events or if it’s sold out, a live webinar is the next best thing. It gives you a chance to get the latest information and ask questions of speakers. Connect from the comfort of your home or workplace, via computer or mobile device.
Our current list of live webinars includes:
New Plumbing Laws
Join QBCC's Grant Wilkinson and Reghan Greer for a live discussion on the new plumbing laws which came into effect from 1 July 2019.
- What are the new, simplified categories of notifiable work and when to use them
- How to use the new tools available (including how you can now check occupational licences online)
- What the new, tougher penalties are for unlicensed contracting.
Select the session which best suits you.
- Tuesday 23 July 2019 at 4.30-5.30 - FULL
- Thursday 25 July 2019 at 5.00-6.00
- Wednesday 31 July 2019 at 4.30-5.30
Previous Tradie Tours
- Hot Issues in the building and construction industry
- Tradie tour - termites
- Tradie tour - painting
Invite us to your workplace
Want something specific? Invite us on-site to discuss topics particular to your workplace. Where circumstances permit, we can visit your workplace to share information and answer questions about QBCC products and services. If we are unable to visit your workplace, let us work with you on an alternative solution to meet your needs.
Register your interest or contact our team with feedback or suggestions.