Servicing Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns
Bricklaying and Blocklaying
Download this scope of work – Bricklaying and Blocklaying (PDF)
Scope of work
- Brick or block construction, including surface preparation
- Build straight masonry steps and stairs with or without landings
- Lay segmental or unit paving
- Lay glass blocks
- Construct battered masonry surfaces
- Install prefabricated window or door frames
- Concreting to simple forms, including installation of formwork, reinforcement and concrete
- Incidental work of another class.
Any one of the following:
- successful completion of either of the following courses:
- an apprenticeship in bricklaying and blocklaying
- Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying CPC30111
- successful completion of a course the commission considers is at least equivalent to one of the courses above
- a recognition certificate as a qualified bricklayer and blocklayer
- a qualification or statement of attainment of required competency for the class of licence.
Completion of an approved managerial course.
The relevant financial requirements in the board’s policies.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through mutual recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.
Recognition of prior learning
Online, distance, one-on-one, tutorial support and mentoring.