Download this scope of work – Cabinetmaking (PDF)
Scope of work
- Install, refurbish, restore or repair kitchen, bathroom, laundry and other fitted cabinets and fitments on-site
- Incidental work of another class.
Any one of the following:
- successful completion of either of the following courses:
- an apprenticeship in cabinet making including the unit of competency Install furnishing products MSFFM3006
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making MSF31113 including the unit of competency Install furnishing products MSFFM3006
- successful completion of a course the commission considers is at least equivalent to one of the courses above
- a recognition certificate as a qualified cabinetmaker
- a qualification or statement of attainment of required competency for the class of licence.
Completion of the approved managerial course.
The relevant financial requirements in the board’s policies.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through mutual recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.
Recognition of prior learning
Online, distance, one-on-one, tutorial support and mentoring.