Download this scope of work – Irrigation (PDF)

Scope of work

  • Assess, select and install irrigation equipment for various landscaping situations including, for example, overhead, mini-sprinkle, dripper and pop-up sprinklers, irrigation systems, filters, timers, injectors, pressure pumps and pipe installations
  • Install and commission solar heating systems for swimming pools
  • Incidental work of another class.

Note: You cannot carry out any building work requiring an occupational licence unless you hold the appropriate occupational licence.

Qualifications required

  • Successful completion of Certificate III in Plumbing CPC32413 or Certificate III in Plumbing (Mechanical Services) (with sanitary stream completed) CPC32513, plus the following units of competency from Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services CPC40912:

    • CPCPCM4011A — Carry out work based risk control process
    • CPCPCM4012A — Estimate and cost work
    • CPCPDR4011B — Design and size sanitary drainage systems
    • CPCPDR4012B — Design and size stormwater drainage systems
    • CPCPDR4013B — Design and size domestic treatment plant disposal systems
    • CPCPSN4011B — Design and size sanitary plumbing systems
    • CPCPWT4011B — Design and size heated and cold water services and systems
    • BSBSMB401 — Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
  • a recognition certificate as a qualified plumber and drainer
  • successful completion of Certificate III in Irrigation AHC32412
  • successful completion of a course the commission considers considers is at least equivalent to one of the courses listed above
  • a qualification or statement of attainment of required competency for the class of licence.

Managerial course

Completion of the approved managerial course.

Financial requirements

The relevant financial requirements in the minimum financial requirements policy.

Licence types

You can apply for this licence class as a:

Important note:

  • Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through Mutual Recognition
  • Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.

Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)

Registered Training Organisations issue formal qualifications to people who successfully complete training. Please note that this list is a guide only and subject to change. We strive to ensure that the information contained is accurate and up-to-date. Other qualifications can be:

  • apprenticeship papers
  • documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
  • documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
  • recognition certificate
  • a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.

Recognition of prior learning

If you do not hold a formal technical qualification, you may be able to obtain it through recognition of prior learning (RPL) by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). The following RTO may be able to provide RPL services for this licence class.