Full-time, part-time, workplace based and correspondence available.
Structural Landscaping (Trade)
Scope of work
- Prepare, fabricate and erect carports, decking, fences, gazebos, pergolas, retaining walls of a height that do not require an engineering certification under a local law, and ornamental structures
- Install prefabricated sheds, including associated concrete slabs, with a floor area of not more than 10m²
- Install surface and subsoil drainage systems for landscaping work
- Prepare site and lay paving or concrete, not intended to carry vehicular traffic, for landscaping
- Construct, maintain and repair a tennis court or another sporting court, including, for example the following;
- prepare or excavate the site;
- concrete for the construction, maintenance or repair of the court;
- apply materials or treatments to the surface of the court
- Incidental work of another class.
Licensing – excluded individuals
From 1 October 2020 the scope of work captured under the existing landscaping licence class has been expanded to include licensees who have worked on tennis and other sporting courts prior to the commencement of the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (Structural Landscaping Licences) Amendment Regulation 2019 are protected from prosecution for unlawful building work.
Completion of the approved managerial course.
The relevant financial requirements in the financial requirements policy.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through Mutual Recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations
Registered Training Organisations issue formal qualifications to people who successfully complete training. Please note that this list is a guide only and subject to change. We strive to ensure that the information contained is accurate and up-to-date.
Other qualifications can be:
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.
Recognition of prior learning
Self-paced; In person; RPL - Servicing all areas in Queensland.