Apply for a plumbing and drainage licence
How to apply for a plumber's and/or drainer's licence
Complete the appropriate application form:
- Occupational licence application form – Plumber and Drainer (PDF)
- Occupational licence application form – Plumber (PDF)
- Occupational licence application form – Drainer (PDF)
- Occupational licence application form – Restricted – Water Plumber (PDF)
- Occupational licence application form – Restricted – Drainer – On-site Sewage Facility (PDF)
Interstate or New Zealand plumbers and/or drainers applying for mutual recognition will need to complete a Form 28 – Mutual Recognition Licence Application (PDF).
You will need to include the appropriate licence application fee(s). For more information see Occupational plumbing and draining fees.
The QBCC may issue a provisional licence for any class of licence under the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2018. The QBCC may also grant, change or remove licence condition(s) necessary for you to completely practice the plumbing and drainage trade.
If you are applying for a Mechanical Services – Plumbing licence, please refer to the mechanical services pages for the application form and documentation requirements.
Technical qualifications and practical experience required
You may also apply for an endorsement on your licence.
How to apply for a trade contractor or nominee supervisor licence
In some instances, it may be necessary for you to hold both an occupational and trade contractor licence to carry out work. An occupational licence enables you to physically carry out the work, a trade contractor licence allows you to engage in a contract for the work.
Return your completed form and all requirements by:
- Online: Submit a Feedback & Enquiries Form. You will need to register and/or login to myQBCC to provide your completed application form and required attachments.
- Post: GPO Box 5099 Brisbane QLD 4001 (please don’t send in original documents such as qualifications unless we request them)
- In person: QBCC service centres