Mechanical services licences
Apply for a Mechanical Services - Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration licence
For information about the work performed under the Mechanical Service - Air-Conditioning and Regrigeration licences refer to the scope of works below:
- Mechanical Services - Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration (Unlimited Design) licence - Applicable for contractor, nominee supervisor, site supervisor and company licences
- Mechanical Services - Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration (Limited Design) licence - Applicable for contractor, nominee supervisor, site supervisor and company licences
- Mechanical Services - Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration occupational licence - Applicable for occupational licence only
For more information see Journey fact sheet for mechanical services - air-conditioning and refrigeration (PDF)
Note: When applying for a company licence, you must nominate a nominee supervisor who is licensed for the same scope of work. For more information read our factsheet Companies and licensing (PDF).
How to apply
You can apply for a Mechanical Services licence from 1 January 2020.
All licensing applications require proof of identity and evidence of your technical qualifications. Additional information required to assess your application will depend of the licence you apply for.
How to lodge your application
Lodge your completed application form, along with all the supporting documents and correct application fee:
- Login to myQBCC. If you don't have an account, register now
- by post, to GPO Box 5099, Brisbane QLD 4001 (please don’t send in original documents, such as qualifications, unless we request them)
- in person at your nearest QBCC Office
What are the fees?
Please note: Please refer to the transitional arrangements for mechanical services air-conditioning and refrigeration work. Please refer to Transitional arrangements for Mechanical Services air contitioning and refrigeration.
The fee is determined by your revenue and there are different financial categories:
- Supervisor – financial information is not required
- SC1 – $200,000 Declaration or Estimated Maximum Revenue declaration (Maximum Revenue up to $200,000) (PDF)
- SC2 – $800,000 Declaration or Estimated Maximum Revenue declaration (Maximum Revenue up to $800,000) (PDF)
- Category 1–7 - MFR Report (PDF)
How long will it take to be processed?
We will take approximately 6-8 weeks to process your application. This includes checks to confirm you are a fit and proper person to hold a licence. We will contact you if we need any further information.
After you've applied
If your licence is approved, you'll receive a letter, which includes your licence number and scope of work for the licence class.