Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Mechanical Services including Limited Design
Please note - this licence class was superceded on 1 January 2020. See Mechanical Services Licences for more information.
Scope of work
- Install, commission, service or repair refrigeration, air conditioning, mechanical ventilation and air handling systems for a building
- Installation of fire collars that is incidental to work mentioned above.
- Design and prepare plans and specifications for:
- refrigeration systems for a building, or
- air conditioning and mechanical ventilation and air handling systems for a building:
- that is not more than 3 storeys, and
- that has a floor area of not more than 2000m², and
- for which the plant capacity for any 1 system for the building is not more than 34kW
- that do not form part of a fire or smoke hazard management system for the building
- but, only if the plans and specifications are:
- for the licensee's personal use, or
- for use in building work to be performed by the licensee personally.
Completion of the approved managerial course.
The relevant financial requirements in the financial requirements policy.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through Mutual Recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations
Registered Training Organisations issue formal qualifications to people who successfully complete training. Please note that this list is a guide only and subject to change. We strive to ensure that the information contained is accurate and up-to-date.
Other qualifications can be:
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.