If you are a house builder or carry out renovations to homes, you'll need home warranty insurance. It's payable on work with a market value over $3,300 and gives the homeowner protection where there is defective or incomplete building work or subsidence.

As you are responsible for paying the premium in the first instance, we give you payment options and provide premium tables to help you calculate the amount. A change in value of your project will usually mean a change in the premium amount. Find out what you need to do to make amendments.

Another type of insurance you may need is professional indemnity (PI). If you are applying to get a licence as a building designer or as a contractor in the fire protection field, PI insurance is required. Find out where to go to get it and view a full list of licence classes which need this insurance.