Queensland home owners who experienced damage to their residential property due to flooding in 2021–22 can now register their interest for the $741 million Resilient Homes Fund.
The Queensland Government and the Australian Government are working with local councils and communities to support home owners affected by the recent floods – helping them improve their homes’ flood resilience.
The program includes opportunities for home owners to:
- retrofit their home with flood-resilient designs
- raise their home out of harm’s way
- explore voluntary buybacks.
It’s all about improving safety within our communities and protecting Queenslanders and their homes when disaster strikes.
The opportunity to register your interest will be ongoing and the flood events covered include:
- Rainfall and flooding within Central, Southern, Western Queensland (10 November-3 December 2021)
- Rainfall and flooding as a result of Ex-Tropical Cyclone Seth (29 December 2021-10 January 2022)
- Rainfall and flooding within SEQ (22 February-7 March 2022)
Read more about the Resilient Homes Fund
This assistance is made available through the jointly funded Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.