The following Acts and subordinate legislation fall within the regulatory responsibilities of the QBCC. To obtain an electronic copy of each, click on the relevant link.
Legislation currently in force
This legislation addresses licensing, the licensee register, statutory insurance and building products.
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991 (PDF)
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission Regulation 2018 (PDF)
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission (Minimum Financial Requirements) Regulation 2018 (PDF)
The QBCC administers provisions of the Building Act 1975 including certification, pool safety and non-conforming building products.
Security of payment
- Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 (PDF)
- Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Regulation 2018 (PDF)
Plumbing and drainage
This legislation addresses plumbing and drainage licensing, the Services Trades Council and the role of local governments.
The above legislation provides for the Commissioner and Registrar to make policies.
Repealed legislation applies to relevant past events:
- Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (PDF)
- Building and Construction Industry Payments Regulation 2004 (PDF)
- Subcontractors Charges Act 1974 (PDF)
- Plumbing and Drainage Act 2002 (PDF)