Section 19 of the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991 (the Act) provides that one of the functions of the Queensland Building and Construction Board (the Board) is to make and review policies governing the administration of the Act.
Under the Act, the Board has made policies about financial requirements for licensing and the terms for a policy of insurance under the Queensland Home Warranty Scheme. In addition, guideline policies can be made by the Board on other matters governing the administration of the Act.
Section 101 of the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (the BCIPA) provides that one of the functions of the Queensland Building and Construction Board (the Board) is to make and review policies governing the administration of the BCIPA.
Under the BCIPA, the Board has made policies about adjudicator grading and selection criteria for nomination of adjudicators.
Current policies of the Board approved by regulation
- Insurance Policy Conditions – Edition 8 (PDF)
- Minimum Financial Requirements (PDF)
- Adjudicator Grading and Referral Policy (PDF)
- Adjudicator Responsibilities Policy (PDF)
- Rectification of Building Work Policy (PDF)
Explanatory notes and other background information relevant to these policies and their application are outlined below.
Insurance Policy Conditions
A copy of the insurance policy conditions relevant to the construction of your domestic building can be obtained by contacting us.
Compliance and Enforcement Strategy
Commencing on 1 July 2017, the Compliance and Enforcement Strategy (PDF) sets out the Commission's approach on the compliance and enforcement of the legislative provisions it administers. The Strategy outlines how the Commission determines what enforcement action is appropriate and helps set and manage public and industry expectations in this regard.
Other QBCC Policies
- Customer Feedback Policy (PDF)
- Unreasonable Conduct & Disengagement Policy (PDF)
- Public Interest Disclosure Policy (PDF)
- Administrative Access Policy (PDF)
- Moderation guidelines for social media
- Internal Review Policy (PDF)
- Complaints about the Commissioner (Crime and Corruption Act 2001 s 48A) Policy (PDF)
Requests for internal working documents held by QBCC will be processed in accordance with the Right to Information Act 2009 and Information Privacy Act 2009. Application fee and charges may apply.