The Commissioner of the QBCC may make policies to give guidance about compliance with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991 (the Act). The Commissioner’s policies will be published on this page as they are made.
Before 10 November 2017, the Queensland Building and Construction Board (the Board) made policies governing the administration of the Act. Under the Act, each policy made by the Board remains in force until the matters it provides for are prescribed by regulation.
Current policies of the Board approved by regulation
- Rectification of Building Work Policy made by the Board on 16 May 2014 (PDF) The Rectification of Building Work Policy was made by the Board on 16 May 2014, approved by Governor in Council on 9 October 2014 and has effect from 10 October 2014.
Currently, section 181 of the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 (BIF Act) provides that the Registrar may make a Code of Conduct for Adjudicators (PDF).
Section 155 of the BIF Act provides that the Registrar may make a policy about the administration of Chapters 3 and 5 of the BIF Act. Current polices made under this power include:
Other relevant information
Information relevant to the application of these policies, and other information, is provided below.
Insurance policy conditions
- For the Board Policy that applies to contracts signed between 29 September 2006 and 30 June 2009, see Insurance Policy Conditions Edition 7
- For the Board Policy that applies to contracts signed between 1 July 2009 and 27 October 2016, see Insurance Policy Conditions Edition 8
The insurance policy conditions that apply to contracts signed on or after 28 October 2016 are contained in the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Regulation 2018 (PDF). Find out more about home warranty insurance.
General policies and related information
- Customer Feedback Policy (PDF)
- Customer Engagement Management Policy (PDF)
- Administrative Access Policy (PDF)
- Public Interest Disclosure Policy (PDF)
- Complaints about the Commissioner (Crime and Corruption Act 2001 s 48A) Policy (PDF)
- Conflicts of Interest Policy and Procedure (PDF)
- Secondary Employment Policy and Procedure (PDF)
- Gifts and Benefits Policy and Procedure (PDF)
- Insider Trading Policy (PDF)
- Moderation guidelines for social media
We are committed to giving the community greater access to information held by the QBCC, unless there is a good reason not to provide that information. Find out more about your right to information.