Building Design – Open
Scope of work
- Prepare plans and specifications for buildings of any height or floor area
- Contract administration in relation to building work designed by the licensee.
Two years experience in:
- the licence class scope of work, or
- other work the commission is satisfied is at least equivalent to experience in the scope of work for the class.
The relevant financial requirements in the board’s policies.
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through mutual recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance is required for this licence class.
Registered Training Organisations
The minimum qualification for this class is the Advanced Diploma of Building Design and Project Administration. Currently, there are no Queensland based Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) offering a formal qualification. RTOs in other States or Territories may offer a similar type of Advanced Diploma in Building Design. Alternative qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor of Building Design CU65 (www.cqu.edu.au)
- Bachelor of Design (Honours) (Architectural Studies) DE42 (www.qut.edu.au)
- Built Environment Design Institute Ltd is the training arm of Building Designers Association of Queensland (BDAQ), offers the Graduate Certificate in Building Design CPP80113.