Categories 4 - 7
Annual turnover of more than $30,000,000 - Categories 4 - 7
The new Minimum Financial Requirements (MFR) laws commenced on 1 January 2019 with the aim of ensuring that licensees in the building and construction industry are operating financially sustainable businesses. These new laws require that licensees who hold a contractor grade licence must provide annual financial information.
What does this mean for you?
Category 4 – 7 licensees are required to provide their financial information annually. You must lodge your 2019-2020 financial information by 31 December 2020.
The financial figures and supporting documentation you may be required to provide is determined by your annual maximum revenue (MR). Your MR includes all revenue you receive from the building industry and any other source. If you are unsure about the maximum revenue you have previously declared to the QBCC, you can check yours in our online licence search.
How to lodge your annual financial information
- Gather your financial information
- Login to myQBCC
Adding a representative on myQBCC
Please note: !f you would like a third party to submit this information on your behalf, you will need to ensure they have been added as a representative and assigned the appropriate permissions in myQBCC.
See myQBCC - adding other users to your account for more information.
Supporting documentation required
If you are required to prepare annual reports for ASIC or ASX, a copy of these reports may be submitted to satisfy this annual reporting requirement.
If you are a non-reporting entity:
- A profit and loss statement;
- A balance sheet;
- An aged debtors and creditors report with details of each debtor categorised by age of their debt;
- A statement of cashflows;
- Any accounting note to the documents above;
- A written declaration verifying the information contained in the documents mentioned above, and;
- A description of the measurement, within the meaning of the Australian Accounting Standards, on which the financial statements mentioned above, are based and the accounting policies or reports relevant to those financial statements.
What is my ‘most recent reporting year’?
You are required to provide financial information for your most recent reporting year. For most licensees, your most recent reporting year end would be 30 June, in line with the financial year.
Do you have both an individual and company contractor licence?
You need to submit annual financial information for both the individual contractor and the company contractor licence. This can be done online via the myQBCC portal. This is the case even if your individual turnover is $nil.
Lodging annual financial information is a requirement for contractor grade licensees. Failing to lodge your annual financial information by the due date may result in:
- Your QBCC licence may be suspended or cancelled.
- You will be unable to continue any current contracts or take on any new contracts while your licence is suspended