Continuing professional development
Continuing professional development (CPD) for Pool safety inspectors
As part of your role, you must continue to update your knowledge of pool safety legislation, regulations, practices and standards.
We measure your activity using a point system and we approve and allocate points for CPD activities such as training courses, workshops and seminars.
See our list of approved CPD activities for more information.
How many points do I need?
Each year you must accrue points.
If you are a pool safety inspector (excluding licensed building certifiers), you need 6 points, and 4 points for building certifiers.
How do I calculate my points?
One point = one hour of participation in an approved activity (approximate).
CPD requirements when applying, renewing or restoring your licence
You must provide evidence that you have accumulated CPD points from the previous year. You can do this by sending in:
- statements of attainment,
- letters or
- emails from course providers confirming that you have completed the activity.
Other ways to accrue points - memberships
You will accrue 2 points if you are a member of any of the following organisations:
- Australian Institute of Building Surveyors
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Swimming Pool and Spa Association of Queensland
- Institute of Building Consultants as a division of Master Builders.
If you have any questions about CPD, contact us on 139 333.