Financial reporting for licensees
The QBCC Regulation commenced on 1 January 2019 and requires that licensees provide an annual financial report.
Annual reporting requirements self-certifying category 1 - 2 ($0 to 800,000)
You must provide a declaration about your revenue and Net Tangible Assets on an annual basis.
Annual Reporting requirements Category 1-3 (Maximum revenue between $800,001 - $30,000,000)
You must provide a report about your financial position including:
- balance sheet;
- a profit and loss statement;
- an aged debtors and creditors report; and
- a statement of cash flows.
Alternatively, if you are required to prepare annual reports for the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) or the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), a copy of these reports may be lodged to the Commission to satisfy this annual reporting requirement.
Annual Reporting requirements Category 4-7 (Maximum revenue more than $30,000,001)
You must provide a report about your financial position, including:
- a profit and loss statement;
- a balance sheet;
- an aged debtors and creditors report;
- a statement of cashflows;
- notes to the financial statements containing notes required by the Australian Accounting Standards;
- a written declaration verifying the information contained in the documents mentioned above, and;
- a description of the measurement, within the meaning of the Australian Accounting Standards, on which the financial statements mentioned above, are based and the accounting policies or reports relevant to those financial statements.
Alternatively, if you are required to prepare annual reports for ASIC or ASX, a copy of these reports may be lodged to the Commission to satisfy this annual reporting requirement.
Additional reporting requirements for licensees who provide audit or review reports to ASIC or ASX
If the licensed company within the group of companies is required to provide an auditor's report or review report to ASIC or ASX, the licensee must provide the QBCC with a copy of these reports within 30 calendar days of the reports being signed and/or submitted to ASIC or ASX.
Failure to provide these documents within this timeframe may result in our determining you no longer meet the Minimum Financial Requirements.
How to lodge your annual report
To allow existing licensees to meet the reporting requirements, licensees or their nominated representative can login to myQBCC to complete the Minimum Financial Requirements report from the MyForms tab.
More information on how to lodge your annual reports via myQBCC is available in the Minimum Financial Requirements myQBCC User Guide - Licensee (PDF)
PDF forms are available under the heading Annual Reporting Requirements Forms on the Forms page.
Return your fully completed form and ALL required documents by:
- Post: Queensland Building Construction Commission, GPO Box 5099, Brisbane QLD 4001
- In person: QBCC Service Centres are listed on our website
- Fax: 07 3247 5762
- Online: Lodge via myQBCC
New licensees will be given a written notice stating the required annual reporting date after the licence is approved.