Servicing Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns
Structural Metal Fabrication and Erection
Download this scope of work – Structural Metal Fabrication and Erection (PDF)
Scope of work
- Prepare, fabricate and erect structural and non-structural metal components
- Incidental work of another class.
Any one of the following:
- successful completion of either of the following courses:
- an apprenticeship in engineering fabrication (boilermaking)
- Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade (Heavy Fabrication) or (Welding) MEM30305
- successful completion of a course the commission considers equivalent to one of the courses above
- a recognition certificate as a qualified boilermaker
- a qualification or statement of attainment of required competency for the class of licence.
Completion of the approved managerial course.
The relevant financial requirements in the board’s policies.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through Mutual Recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations
Registered Training Organisations issue formal qualifications to people who successfully complete training. Please note that this list is a guide only and subject to change. We strive to ensure that the information contained is accurate and up-to-date.
Other qualifications can be:
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.